Celebrate southern African heritage with this gorgeous Shweshwe traditional print accessory – and support an awesome community project in the process!
This stylish and versatile tote bag features leather-look trim and a zip closure. It's the perfect size for when you need those few extras on a day trip (or if you just like to be prepared for any eventuality!).
Shwe Leather-Look Tote features:
- Manufactured in South Africa by women-owned micro-businesses and community projects. Each bag comes with a tag signed by the woman who handmade it!
- Measures approx. 41cm (W) x 38cm (H) x 13cm (D) with a zip closure – the perfect size to tote all your goodies!
- Imitation leather trim (for the love of the environment!)
- Outer zip closure; no inside pockets or compartments
- The lining of the bags is made from recycled and/or recovered waste materials – another plus for the environment! It also means that each lining is totally unique.
- Handmade, so please expect some variation in colour and pattern.
What makes the Shwe community upliftment project so special?
These bags are made by Shwe.co.za, a proudly South African social enterprise focused on making a profit through the manufacture and sales of high quality gifts and accessories – while doing a lot of good in the process. Shwe works with various community projects and NGOs in the Germiston area to uplift those communities and provide real change to their lives. They also work with women-owned micro businesses at the Riversands Incubation hub near Diepsloot.
Shwe is an incredibly eco-minded project, too: Their mission is to create jobs and reduce waste to landfill, so while you could never tell, the foundation and lining of all of their products are made from up-cycled billboards, tents and even off-cuts from car seat covers! Some of their trims have also been reclaimed from old bags and other goodies.